Pupils at The King’s School, Ottery St Mary are proposing a new shared use cycleway which follows the old railway track starting at Feniton through to Ottery St Mary. This will eventually link up with a continuation through Tipton St John and onto Sidmouth. This web site is used to help you access up-to-date information about progress.
Ottery Town Council Support Trail
Mrs Christine McIntyre, the Clerk to Ottery St Mary Town Council, has written to both Devon County Council and East Devon Council (October 2016) :-
SUSTRANS have published a Feasibiliy Study into the Otter Valley Trail. Paul Hawkins, the Devon Area Manager for Sustrans, writes:
In The News
- January 2017: The Otter Trail Group and the Transport Section of the Sid Valley Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group have been awarded a Grant by the East Devon ANOB and Councillor Stuart Hughes to commission a SUSTRANS report to recommend improvements to the cycling infrastructure in urban Sidmouth and links to the surrounding countryside. This will include examination of the A3052 crossing near the Bowd.
- October 2016: Ottery Town Council strongly support the Otter Trail
- April 2016: Otter Valley Charity Cycle Ride – see Events page for details
- March 2016: Councillor Claire Wright kindly provides a Locality Grant to help fund a Civil Engineering assessment of the Works Required on part of the Trail.
- February 2016: Otter Trail Group AGM – see Events page for details
- January 2015: Devon County Council discusses 15 Year Transport Plans
- August 2014: Thursday Bike Rides
- May 2014: Community Bike Ride Report
- April 2014: SUSTRANS publish a Feasibility Study on the Otter Valley Trail
- October 2013: Claire Wright reports on the Family Fun Ride in our Newsletter
- October 2013: Family Fun Ride
- August 2013: Jo Elliot pens the latest Newsletter
- July 2013: The Otter Trail is featured in the Express and Echo
- July 2013: The Ottery Gazette publishes an article by Simon Stokes on the Otter Trail
- June 2013: The Otter Trail Group launch an on-line petition to allow the public to register their support.
- May 2013: SUSTRANS select Ottery’s Connect 2 Bridge as one of the best examples of community development in the country.
- Nov 2012: CTC Exeter Newsletter
- Oct 2012: Express & Echo
- Sep 2012: Local Councillor Claire Wright Supports Trail
- Jul 2012: Ottery Gazette
If you would like to become involved or learn more about the Trail please contact us.